We feel like too much info is better than not enough
when it comes to your belongings and understanding store policies.
So here is the nitty-gritty:
- We take items in for consignment TUESDAY through SATURDAY from 10-4 at our Hillsdale location, no appointment needed. For our newest location in Progress Ridge, we are taking consignment by appointment only. Schedule a time that works for you here.
- We accept TWO grocery-sized bags per visit. Please see our Items We Accept page to see what we take at each store.
- Items will be viewed on the spot and any “no thank you” items returned to you. If you are unable to stay, and you choose to pick up the items we are not able to consign, you will need to pick up your items by the end of the next business day, otherwise, they will go to a local charity.
- On occasion, we are not able to go through your items on the spot but we will email you when we are done and you will have 10 days for pickup.
- Your accepted items will be on consignment for 60 days.
- We will give you a slip with the number of items taken and the date that they expire. It is the responsibility of the consignor to track this date. We recommend putting this info in your phone or on your fridge.
- Certain items sell better at certain locations. We reserve the right to transfer inventory to another store if we think it will do better there. It will all be linked to the same account and well-tracked.
- You have a 10 day grace period after the expiration date. If you wish to pickup any unsold items, please call to schedule a time to collect your items. We will pull them for you. If you have any items at another location, we will either bring them there or extend them if we feel like they still have a good chance of selling.
- Please pickup in-grace items that you have requested to be pulled on time. Items pulled and sitting in a bag waiting for pickup could have had a chance to sell for you. If your items are pulled and not picked up within 10 days, they will be donated.
- When your 10 day grace period is over, the items automatically convert to store property. We will either discount, donate or dollar bin them at our discretion.
- You may choose 40% check or 40% store credit or a combination of both after items sell. You do not have to wait for your consignment period to be over before collecting funds or using credit. Anytime you have a balance you are welcome to utilize it. The funds in your account do not expire as long as your account is active. Active accounts are accounts that have had some kind of activity in the last year.
- Your balance may be used as store credit at either location.
- Check payouts are issued in person at any location. You can request a check anytime you have a balance. Check payouts will not be mailed unless the consignor has moved outside of the Portland metro area. If you were close enough to bring consignment items to us, then you are close enough to pick up a check. There will be a $2 check mailing fee that will be taken off the balance prior to sending the check.
- If a check is lost or misplaced, there will be a $30 fee taken from the check balance to cover our bank fees for canceling your original check.
- Due to the high volume of both consignors and items, we are unable to notify you when an item sells. You may call, email or come in at any time to inquire about your account.
- We prefer to take items that can go out right away. On occasion and as storage allows, we may take items for the next season. They will be listed under your account with the appropriate expiration date and stored until it is time to put out that season.
- We reserve the right to discount seasonal items at the end of the season. We may also extend the expiration date and pack it away until that season comes around again. Remember the earlier you bring your items in for that season, the better chance they will have of selling for full price.
- We reserve the right to put any item on sale or donate per our discretion at any time if it is deemed necessary based on flaw, function, low interest or end of season.
- When accepting larger items it is dependent on our current inventory and available space. If you are unsure or want to save yourself a trip, please feel free to call ahead of time or email us a photo of the item. Condition is KEY with gear items. Please look over your larger items very carefully before loading them up and bringing them in. We do not take items with stains or missing pieces. If battery operated, they must come in with batteries. We have to be able to confirm that an item operates correctly. This includes setting up items to ensure all the parts and pieces work properly.
- We do NOT take items on event days or Holidays. Please refer to our social media posts or our calendar here and scroll down for any events, holidays or closures.